Re: iLo3 and RedHat 5.5 : Unable to connect/login to fencing device

this works:
ipmitool -H xxxxxilo -I lanplus -U admin -P xxxxxx chassis power cycle
Server is rebooted.....
but not this:
root@fff fence_ipmilan -a xxxxxxxxlo -l admin -p xxxxxxxxx -M 'cycle' -v
Rebooting machine @ IPMI:xxixxxxxilo...Spawning: '/usr/bin/ipmitool -I lan -H 'xxxxxxx' -U 'admin' -P 'xxxxx41!' -v chassis power status'...
Spawning: '/usr/bin/ipmitool -I lan -H 'xxxxxxx' -U 'admin' -P 'xxxxxx1!' -v chassis power cycle'...
Failed
cluster.conf
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <method name="1">
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <device lanplus="1" name="xxxxxx_xxxxdev" timeout="20"/>
<fencedevice agent="fence_ipmilan" auth="none" ipaddr="xxxxxxxilo" login="admin" method="cycle" name="xxxxuxx32_fencedev" passwd="xxxxx!"/>

2011/3/3 ×××× ×××× <sklemer@xxxxxxxxx>
Hi.
for ilo3 testing you can use :
#Âfence_ipmilan -aÂ17x.3x.7x.1xx -p "password" -o status

Âfence_ipmilan -h
usage: fence_ipmilan <options>
ÂÂ -A <authtype> ÂIPMI Lan Auth type (md5, password, or none)
ÂÂ -a <ipaddr> Â ÂIPMI Lan IP to talk to
ÂÂ -i <ipaddr> Â ÂIPMI Lan IP to talk to (deprecated, use -a)
ÂÂ -p <password> ÂPassword (if required) to control power on
ÂÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â ÂIPMI device
ÂÂ -P Â Â Â Â Â Â Use Lanplus
ÂÂ -S <path> Â Â ÂScript to retrieve password (if required)
ÂÂ -l <login> Â Â Username/Login (if required) to control power
ÂÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Âon IPMI device
ÂÂ -o <op> Â Â Â ÂOperation to perform.
ÂÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â ÂValid operations: on, off, reboot, status
ÂÂ -t <timeout> Â Timeout (sec) for IPMI operation (default 20)
ÂÂ -C <cipher> Â ÂCiphersuite to use (same as ipmitool -C parameter)
ÂÂ -M <method> Â ÂMethod to fence (onoff or cycle (default onoff)
ÂÂ -V Â Â Â Â Â Â Print version and exit
 -v       Verbose mode

If no options are specified, the following options will be read
from standard input (one per line):

ÂÂ auth=<auth> Â Â Â Â Â Same as -A
ÂÂ ipaddr=<#> Â Â Â Â Â ÂSame as -a
ÂÂ passwd=<pass> Â Â Â Â Same as -p