Re: Problems with a script when is launched via rgmanager

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 22:16:51 +0100, carlopmart <carlopmart@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

 I am trying to set up a splunk cluster service on two RHEL5.5 hosts
(fully updated). My problems becomes when I trying to setup this
service under rgmanager: script ever fails. If I launch the script
manually, all works as expected. If I test the service using rg_test
comand, all works ok as expected.

Often, issues like these (works when running interactively, but not as part of a cluster manager or cron job) seem to be environment variables not having been set (by the crond or cluster manager), or the script/application expects to have a tty, but one isn't provided when running non-interactively.

May be worth adding some debug statements that get logged to a file on the node to see where the splunk-cluster script fails.

// Thomas