Re: question about number of fencing devices needed for a two node cluster

On 12/06/2010 04:11 PM, Alvaro Jose Fernandez wrote:
Hi,

I would like to know about wheter it would suffice for a two-node RHCS
cluster a single power switch (APC 7921) fencing device. The power
switch has 8 power outlets and I intend to use four of them for each
node's dual power supplies.

I know it would be desirable to have two devices for a fully redundant
configuration, but after reading some examples from the docs (they are
meant for two power switch), I still cannot understand why a single
power switch connected to both servers and the switch taking power from
the UPS, would not be a good configuration. There is a single UPS in the
environment.

¿any experiences over this issue?

regards,

alvaro

That is sufficient. The only concern is that the PDU doesn't verify node death, so success is returned when the power is cut. This requires a little extra testing to make sure that your config is accurate. Once setup, use 'fence_node <name>' against either node and ensure that they really do go down.

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer@xxxxxxxxxxx