Question about gfs2_tools lockdump

Hi all,
I've got a 5 node RHEL 5.5 cluster with a number of gfs2 filesystems. After a lot of effort (and help from RedHat) we've gotten to the stage where the cluster is quite stable, but now we're starting to see some performance degradation. In investigating this, I've been poking around and I'm seeing some things that I can't explain. In particular, on a quite filesystem (no processes according to lsof on all nodes), a gfs2_tool lockdump gives 1,000's of lock entries (G: lines). Of those several have R: entries (resource group?) and several have H: entries. The H: entries are particularly strange because all H: entries are of the form:
    H: s:EX f:H e:0 p:8953 [(ended)] ...

My understanding is that this indicates a lock holder with an exclusive lock, but the process has ended (?). Why aren't these locks going away? Shouldn't they be cleared after the process ends (particularly since some of them are exclusive locks...)? Any help in understanding these entries would be very helpful.

-- scooter