Re: Shared storage across clustered VMs?

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Brett Cave <brettcave@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

heya rudi, never realised u were on this list too ;)

the exports are controlled by source IP address in /etc/exports. The data on there is not sensitive data at all in our environment, and GFS is all server environment, with no user access...  but I just tested using ACLs and it works 100% (added the acl option to gfs mount, and configured using setfacl). We are using ldap network authentication, so works nicely with group permissions ;)

(although we do have 1 luks volume image on the gfs filesystem that is mounted by one of the phy machines using a keyfile stored locally).

hey Brett, I'm here too :) And on the CentOS list, FIY....

I have limited experience / knowledge with NFS, but this thread made me think of going this route as well. So I'll play around with it a bit and see how it works. Do you NFS export your GFS file system? i.e. did you setup GFS on the various servers to create one large volume, and then simply export the NFS exports?

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com