Re: Shared storage across clustered VMs?

Jeff Karpinski <jeff@xxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Our assigned Red Hat engineer was on-site today and pointed out the blindingly obvious solution. Can't believe I didn't think of it: Run NFS as a clustered service and have the VMs mount that. That way ANY system - even outside of the cluster - can also access the data.

NFS is a much simpler solution. A few days ago, I was supporting NFS instead of a cluster FS for a classroom, in a LTSP setup. But one drawback could be that without any high-availability solution, the server becomes a SPOF. Or do you have a Netapp filer^W^W a server providing high availability ? Any thoughts on this ?

Man, I feel dumb. I should forfeit my RHCE. :-P