Re: Distributed Storage in Cluster Suite

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
With the vendor provided packages such as gfs etc, is it possible
to accomplish a drbd like setup so that the nodes of a cluster house
the shared storage themselves?

I gather from my reading that is no, but just thought I would check.

That largely depends on what exactly you want to do.
You could export storage space via iSCSI and apply CLVM on top of that. IIRC CLVM can now handle mirroring.

It's nowhere nearly as good as DRBD, though - that provides a very comprehensive solution for most eventualities you might face, including post-outage resync.

Why, exactly, would you want to limit yourself to only what is in the distro? DRBD builds cleanly into RPM packages, I use it on a number of systems with GFS on top.

Gordan