Re: DRBD with GFS applicable for this scenario?

Zaeem Arshad wrote:
On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Kaloyan Kovachev <kkovachev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If you use DRBD on top of the SANs you should access the drbd resource from
the other nodes. I have similar setup: DAS in two servers replicated via DRBD
in active/active mode, then they are exported via iscsi and used from the
nodes (and the storages are nodes too) with multipath multibus.

In your case the fencing is the main problem ... instead of SMS you may use
the mobiles as GPRS modems directly to the remote fence device

I have worked out heuristic checks and the associated scored for
quorum disk to be put in. I have tried to work out on paper the
different scenarios that will play out and how the cluster membership
should work based on the eventual score. I think I can do away with
the GPRS modems for now but I will definitely integrate them in the
solution at a later stage.

Indeed - the only failure mode that you need GPRS modems for is if the inter-site link goes down.

Gordan