Re: Rename scsi devices

/dev/sd names are not persistent across boots. You should use the disk-by-id names. These persist across boots.

From: linux-cluster-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:linux-cluster-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ian Hayes
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 10:22 AM
To: linux clustering
Subject: Re: Rename scsi devices

You could use a udev rule to symlink it to a new device name

On Jan 8, 2010 7:07 AM, <cluster@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

do someone know how i could rename an iscsi device from

/dev/sde to /dev/sdg?

I mean, I have an iscsi device from a storage with address 7:0:0:12 and I see it in one host with the name /dev/sde while in the second host i see it with name /dev/sdg.

I need to rename due to virtualization purposes.

Can someone help me?

Thanks all,

Francesco Gallo