Re: Adding a new node to rh cluster + GFS2

On 14/12/09 08:49, Arturo Gonzalez Ferrer wrote:
Dear all,

I'm in trouble with adding a new node to an existing cluster of three
nodes (so I want to have four), because it somehow doesn't let me access
the cluster infrastructure.

These 3 nodes were set up as http servers, sharing a GFS2 volume
(physical: vg_cluster, logical: lv_cluster) where data is stored.

I want to set up the new node to access the same GFS2 volume, with the
idea of exporting the data via NFS, so that a remote backup library can
be configured to backup nightly the data, by connecting to the new node.

I've tried a lot of things, always getting same kind of errors.

Running "cman_tool status" on any of the 3 nodes i get:

Version: 6.2.0
Config Version: 70
Cluster Name: campusvirtual
Cluster Id: 45794
Cluster Member: Yes
Cluster Generation: 1136
Membership state: Cluster-Member
Nodes: 3
Expected votes: 4
Total votes: 3
Quorum: 3
Active subsystems: 9
Flags: Dirty
Ports Bound: 0 11 177
Node name: cev01
Node ID: 2
Multicast addresses: 239.192.178.149
Node addresses: 150.214.243.20

while running "cman_tool status" on the new node:

Version: 6.2.0
Config Version: 70
Cluster Name: campusvirtual
Cluster Id: 45794
Cluster Member: Yes
Cluster Generation: 1124
Membership state: Cluster-Member
Nodes: 1

This is the key. The new node can't see the network traffic of the other three. The most likely explanation for this is iptables blocking the traffic.

But check other network connections and settings too - It's almost certainly a network configuration problem. The multicast and node addresses look fine to me.

Chrissie