cluster just for GFS

Hi,
we have a two Red Hat 5.3 cluster node just because we need a GFS filesystem mounted on both nodes. We have configured the cluster with the two nodes, of course, and a fence device for each one, which is a ipmilan.

Does this configuration have sense? I mean, we have configured fence devices but if there is no really any cluster resource do fence devices do something? I forgot to mention that we have set GFS filesystem to be mounted on boot ("/etc/init.d/gfs start" and the GFS filesystem is defined in /etc/fstab).

Is there any better approach?

Thanks for your help.

Frank

--
Aquest missatge ha estat analitzat per MailScanner
a la cerca de virus i d'altres continguts perillosos,