Re: How backup domU partition from dom0?

Fajar A. Nugraha escribió:
On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 7:08 PM, Miguel Sanchez<ntadmin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi. I have two hosts forming a cluster for run xen vm's. Each vm has a disk
which is corresponding to a clvm logic volume within dom0.
I pretended to backup the lv's from dom0 doing a 'kpart -a' and a readonly
mount (with the vm running). Probably it is not very correct (but the
alternative snapshot was not possible with clvm).

Did you know that if you mount an ext3 partition READ ONLY you could
actually do a WRITE to that partition to replay the journal, and so
cause possible data corruption?
No, I don't. Then could the partition within dom0 be defined readonly with 'blockdev --setro' and avoid any write, direcly in the data as well as possible replaying the journal?

--
Miguel.