Re: SEMI OT. Synchronizing jboss cache dir.

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 12:38 PM, ESGLinux <esggrupos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

First, sorry if this can be considered Off Topic but my first aproach was using clustering to my problem so I suposse you could have the same problem.

I have 2 computers running JBoss and I need to share a directory for the cache (I use OSCache).

First I try to use a NFS service on a Red hat Cluster ( I use this reference http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Configuration_Example_-_NFS_Over_GFS/index.html)

Do you have a shared storage? If the answer is yes, just use gfs and mount the filesystem on both machines.

Greetings,
Juanra

My problem is that the performance with this approach is too much low for my application. So I decided to make each machine use its own cache dir and with rsync keep this dirs synchronized.

I don´t know if what I have done is a stupidity or It´s a good solution, so what do you think about it?, Do you know any way to do what I need

Thanks in advance.

ESG