gfs2_quotad kthread

Hi folks!

Now that developers (many thanks!) have corrected the issue that made gfs2_quotad to stay in an uninterruptible state (so it was got into account when calculating system load), I have another question: if quotas are disabled by default, why is this kthread started? Is there any way of avoiding it to start? It starts even if I mount the fs explicitely with the quota=off option (even if it's supposed to be the default option).
It's a bit annoying, although I think it does not harm the system, but I have as many gfs2_quotad kthreads as mounted filesystem (usually a lot, more than 50).

Thanks in advance,
Juanra