Re: Re: clusvcadm -M <service> -m <service> fails with "Invalid operation for resource"

Quoting Mrugesh Karnik <mrugeshkarnik@xxxxxxxxx>:

On Monday 22 Jun 2009 19:13:43 Thomas Sjolshagen wrote:
If you look at the resource definition, you'll see that I'm trying to
migrate a VM (the KVM guest is called samba since it hosts a Samba
instance).

Is migration supported on KVM? I've tried it with Xen and works fine. The only
gotcha was that the `nx' flag on the CPU needed to be available.

Yes, KVM supports both migration & live migration and with KVM-8* and libvirt 0.6.4 you can use "virsh migrate --live" to move running guests between nodes (live migrate). This fact is reflected in the upstream (git repo) version of the vm.sh resource script, but it seems like something - rgmanager itself? - is blocking it from even trying.

//Thomas