Running additional scripts at service startup

HI all...

I've been given the task of setting up a cluster for a service that we run here. The init script for the service calls an outside Perl script to do some administrative tasks once the daemon is started up. The script must be run as a different user so in the init script we have "su - someuser -c adminscript.pl". This all works fine if we start the daemon manually, but it doesn't appear that the script is running or it's failing whenever it is being started up via the cluster. Is there some magic foo that I'm missing?