Re: help understanding How service ip works

2009/4/22 ESGLinux <esggrupos@xxxxxxxxx>
Hello all

This is not a support question. Is about understanding how the service ip works.

I don´t understand where this ghost ip is. I can't see it with ifconfig in any of the nodes but it's there because it answers to my packets.

You need to use ip(8) tool to see the service ip, the reason is that the /usr/share/cluster/ip.sh uses that tool to assign IPs. You can also read that file to get  a better understanding of the Service IP management in a cluster environment.

Cheers,
Pavlos