Re: CVS in a cluster

Pserver: Yes we use Pserver configuration to access our cvs repositories. I wasn't the inital creator of this setup but I know we have to edit that pserver file to add in repos.

We have several hundred repos scattered over 5 servers and the goal is to consolodate them down to one single source that's highly available with failover and scalability. Where if we need more storage/cpu/IO we just throw another server at it. If one dies another picks it back up.

Hence I turned to Clustering with RHEL and my questions herein. If there's a better solution to consolodate all my server down to one set that would do all above I'm all ears but the 'net is very barren when it comes to CVS , High availability, Failover, Redundancy, etc.

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Jeff Sturm <jeff.sturm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Place your CVSROOT on a mounted GFS filesystem, then the files can be access from 2 or more cluster nodes at once.  The rest depends on how you use it.  Do you use pserver protocol, ssh, or access your CVS repositories locally?

What are you trying to achieve with cluster services?  E.g. high availability?

From: linux-cluster-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:linux-cluster-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jonathan Weismann
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2009 4:24 PM
To: linux-cluster@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: CVS in a cluster

All,
        I've got a quick question that perhaps someone can answer as my googlefu and searches haven't been fruitful:

Is it possible to create a cluster of RHEL5 servers and place CVS servers inside them using shared storage of some sort (Fibre GNBD ISCSI etc). If so how would one go about it and are there any docs, wikis, web sites dedicated to this setup.

I know it CAN be done, but I can't find any information on HOW. Or is it just as simple as building the servers, installing clustering software, then throwing the CVS services at it and saying "Use this shared resource"?

Thanks in advance and if this question was already asked, just point me in the right direction as I didn't find it in the last hours of searching :)

J.Weismann

Jonathan Weismann
CCNA