[Fwd: Re: [Fwd: fast_stafs]]

--- Begin Message ---

2.6 Local change (delta) is synced to disk whenever quota daemon is waked up and the (a tunable, default to 5 seconds). It is then subsequently zeroed out. Does this mean that I can't mount a GFS file system with the noquota option and use fast_statfs?

Don't have GFS code in front of me at this moment. IIRC, the logic is triggered by a daemon that controls various tasks, including quota. Though both (fast statfs and quota) share the same triggering mechanism, it is independent of each other. In short, you should be able to use fast statfs even noquota option is on.

Also, am I correct in understanding that if there is an unclean shutdown that it is best to turn off fast_statfs and then back on to get the statfs data in sync on existing nodes?

That's very correct.

-- Wendy

--- End Message ---