GFS deployment questions

I am trying to setup cluster test environment mainly for the GFS. The application that will be supported likes to take control of CPU thread and is not clusterable in terms of process sharing, however it does talk to SAN where GFS comes in. This is not something we did before so reading manuals and this email list is our primary source of information. I have few simple/ or not so simple questions, and would be grateful for any pointers in the right direction.

Going through documentation, it appears that after fencing is setup, one would need to allocate resources to support cluster. Is this only for High Availability Cluster or any cluster, meaning - if I am only to test GFS do I need to allocate resources in order to launch GFS.

I know that GFS service must be launched on a cluster. Once fencing is configured, what are the steps required to deploy GFS, and any potential 'bumps' to watch out for?

Some questions regarding fencing:
We are using HP DL385s as the test model. After researching possible fencing devices we decided to try HP ILO and SCSI fencing before testing HBA switch fencing. For HP ILO fencing - each of the nodes has HP ILO name, but I am not sure what goes into hostname - is it the name of the node, or the IP address of HP ILO?
There isn't a lot of information about SCSI fencing, I would appreciate any pointers for/against SCSI fencing.

Thanks
Alan