Re: Monitoring services/customize failure criteria

Gerhardus.Geldenhuis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Just for clarification, if I use a script resource will the same script be used with a status parameter to check the status of the resource?

Where is the frequency specified for health checking of the resource whether it be a custom script of apache? If we want to check health every second where can I set this frequency? I have used luci web interface up until now to do my configs with and have not seen anywhere yet where I can set frequency of health checks.

I kind of expected a more complex frame work for health checking but from my understanding of your reply it seems very simple by just requiring the starting script to respond to status requests.

There is a script in /usr/share/cluster/script.sh which looks like it contains some of my answers but I am not sure where this would be used.

Regards

I have been reading:
/usr/share/doc/rgmanager-2.0.38/README

<quote>
The resource manager is a daemon which provides failover of user-defined
resource collected into groups.
</quote>

This at first glance looked to be my answer, however after reading the
whole document I am still not clear on where I can actually customize
frequency of resource checking.

Regards

http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/FAQ/RGManager#rgm_interval

--