Re: Linux cluster moved to new subdomain

Hi

I solved this problem by backing up the luci db (it's binary stored in Data.fs), 'luci_admin backup', saving the luci_backup.xml, removing luci (rpm -e luci), reinstalling it (yum install luci), adjust node ip's in luci_backup.xml, copying it back to /var/lib/luci/var/, and restoring it back with 'luci_admin restore'. Of course, luci has to be shutdown during this procedure.

It worked this easy for me because the keys of my nodes didn't change.

I don't know if this is the proper solution, but at least it worked for me and maybe helps other people with the same problem.

Kind regards
Lorenz

Lorenz Pfiffner wrote:
Hi Dave

Did you solve this problem? I have a similar case here. I changed the IP's of one of my two node cluster and now I can't get the cluster back into luci. I assume luci stores it's config in a binary Zope Data.fs file. But how can change something there?

BTW: Changing node IP's was pain! A Howto would be an interesting thing for the Knowledge Base or even RedHat Magazine. I think it would really be appreciated by many Cluster Suite operators.

Greetz
Lorenz

Harding, David wrote:
Yes, The issue is that when I first built the cluster I used the full qualified host name. I changed the cluster.conf file, But some where it is still getting the old fully qualified host name. I can see it in the log files. Where else does it
Store the cluster host names other then the cluster.conf file ?

dave