Re: How can I re-assign cluster id

Pedro Gonzalez Zamora wrote:
Dear Christine

I have set <cman cluster_id="1470"/> and I trying again but I get this error:

cman: unable to set cluster_id

Could you tell me please more about cluster name hash, how it works and how can I change the values?

It sounds like you must have a rather old RHEL4 installation - the cluster_id changing code has been in there for a very long time now.

The 'trick' to making the cluster names hash to unique values is simply to make the names very different really. Avoid long, similar, names that end in numbers for example.