RHEL5.0 Cluster fencing problems involving bonding

Hi

 I’m having fencing problems in my 3 node cluster running on RHEL5.0 which involves bonding.

I have 3 severs A, B & C in a cluster with bonding configured on eth2 & eth3 for my cluster traffic.  The config is as below:

DEVICE=eth2

BOOTPROTO=none

TYPE=Ethernet

MASTER=bond1

SLAVE=yes

USRCTL=no

DEVICE=eth3

BOOTPROTO=none

TYPE=Ethernet

MASTER=bond1

SLAVE=yes

USRCTL=no

DEVICE=bond1

IPADDR=192.168.x.x

NETMASK=255.255.255.0

NETWORK=192.168.x.0

BROADCAST=192.168.x.255

BOOTPROTO=none

The /etc/modprobe.conf file is configured as below:

alias eth0 bnx2

alias eth1 bnx2

alias eth2 e1000

alias eth3 e1000

alias eth4 e1000

alias eth5 e1000

alias scsi_hostadapter cciss

alias bond0 bonding

options bond0 miimon=100 mode=active-backup max_bonds=3

alias bond1 bonding

options bond1 miimon=100 mode=active-backup

alias bond2 bonding

options bond2 miimon=100 mode=active-backup

alias scsi_hostadapter1 qla2xxx

alias scsi_hostadapter2 usb-storage

The cluster starts up OK, however when I try to test the bonded interfaces my troubles begin.

On Node C if I "ifdown bond1", the node C, is fenced and everything works as expected.

However if on Node C, I take down the interfaces one at a time i.e.

 "ifdown  eth2", - the cluster stays up as expected using eth3 for routing traffic

  "ifdown eth3"

then node C is fenced by Node A. However in the /var/log/messages file on Node C I see a message saying that Node B will be fenced. The outcome is Nodes C & B are fenced.

My question is why does node B get fenced as well?

 D.

Get fish-slapping on Messenger! Play Now