RE: GFS, iSCSI, multipaths and RAID

Thanks Jacob,

Originally we designed a full core-edge configuration with ethernet switches, but our design algorithms (initially for Fiber Channel) did not account for the tree structure of ethernet when using unmanaged switches (this is relatively straightforward to incorporate, but we had already purchased the network...!). However, we do have two unmanaged switches connecting the servers to the storage devices so there are two paths between all the boxes.

Thanks, Mike