Re: Severe problems with 64-bit RHCS on RHEL5.1

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008, Harri Päiväniemi wrote:

I just resolved 1 thing:

When node a & b are down (cluster daemons) and I start node a, it hangs
5 minutes in fencing becouse becouse...

man fence_tool says:

""Before  joining or leaving the fence domain, fence_tool waits for the
cluster be in a quorate state""

And in qdisk man- page it's said:

""CMAN  must  be running before the qdisk program can operate in full
capacity.  If CMAN is not running, qdisk will wait for it."

I started in this order: cman-qdiskd-rgmanager". In this case it hangs
because fence is waiting cluster to be quorate and it's not gonna be
because qdisk is not yet running ;)

Jihaa - so one problem solved. No I can start cluster node at a time.

So - your config was not correct after all? ;)

Gordan