Re: architecture discussion -- NFS clustering with iSCSI

Am 27.01.2008 um 23:02 schrieb Terry:

Well, I am having a heck of a time wrapping my head around how
clustering and gfs are related.  My application is an N+1 type of
configuration (grid computing).  I don't need any application
clustering that cluster suite offers.  I just need a file system that
they can all mount in read/write.

People I have talked to, who have grid-computing requirements, generally avoid GFS (because of the complexity) and choose NFS.

Do you have concurrent writes to the same file from different nodes?
How many nodes do you have?
There are products tailored for this scenario (Isilon, Panasas)....

cheers,
Rainer
--
Rainer Duffner