Re: iSCSI GFS

Hi Mike,

In fact, it got me wondering if my FC path might not be the greatest based on Gordan's (I think it was) input on the subject. I've also seen a few posts about iSCSI lately. Can anyone shed a little light on iSCSI and what I would need to give it a try.
I've heard that http://www.openfiler.com/ is probably the easiest way to get an iSCSI target up and running. Didn't try it yet, though. But i've got to say, that SAN and performance thing really depends on how you do things. I've got a five node Cluster with GFS over FC running here, and it is pretty fast. Compared to friends of mine who use SAS-DAS, the bulk performance was about as fast. We are mostly serving files from it (FTP/HTTP), so write-performance is not so much an issue. It might be that it's usually slower then local disks, but I guess it really depends on your overbooking ratio. We are happy with the performance :) Also I wonder if iSCSI does protect Block-Integrity as FC does. That's one of the things that make FC so robust, isn't it?
Anyone knows anything about this?
enjoy,
Johannes