Re: XEN Cluster

Lon Hohberger pisze:
On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 11:33 +0100, amrossi@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Ok...but i've 2 hosts (domain-0)... is it different?

Not really, except that if you plan to do migration, you must have:

 * the images on shared storage (e.g. GFS or raw partitions), and
 * fencing for the dom0 cluster.

So, if I have 2 hosts (physical servers) with 6 virtual XEN instances on each and I want use one virtual machine from first host and one virtual machine from second host as two-node cluster it can generate a lot of problems.

1. I have to make two node cluster using fence_xvm as fencing method on XEN machines 2. I have to make two node dom0 cluster and using some type of fencing (ilo, power, etc...)
am I right ?

So, when one of dom0 machine start to think that second node (second dom0 machine) is dead the one will start to fencing procedure and killing second dom0 machine, so it will reboot not only XEN node but also any of XEN machines on the physical computer (dom0 machine).

If I understand it in good way, it a little bit stupid for me :/

regards
Darek