re:GFS Cookbook

Greetings,

apologies for reposting this I had posted this question from my yahoo account. Now I am a subscriber of this list

This is an adjunct question to Koustubha Kale's discussion.

I am sysadmin of the cluster Koustubha Kale had built.

My question is:

When the node gets fenced, it is rebooted using fencing device. essentially let us consider that as power cycling the fenced node. Now this configuration has local boot disks with OS and apps loaded and shared storage for user home directories.

What should be done to ensure that the local storage FS is not corrupted? should a "touch /forcefsck" be done on the fenced node's local storage before it is sent on a reboot?

Perhaps I have not understood the fencing enough

Regards

Rajagopal