Re: with gfs2, permission denied on first attempt to run an executable

Rick, ls -l does show execute permission. It couldn't have been the execute bit since the 2nd or later attempts to run the program are successful.

BTW, in case this is useful, after mounting the filesystem, if I do a ls -l on the file first, before attempting to execute it, the program will run first and every time. It's as if the execution will fail until the directory is read at least once.