Cluster of XEN guests unstable when rebooting a node under CS5.1

I reiterate the request for help hoping someone has undergone (and hopefully solved) the same issues.

I am building up a cluster of XEN Guests with root file system residing on a file on an GFS filesystem (iscsi actually).

Each cluster node mounts an GFS file system residing on an iscsi device.

For performance reasons, both the iscsi device and the physical nodes (part also of a cluster) use two gigabit ethernet with bonding and LACP. For the physical machines, I had to insert a sleep 30 on the /etc/init.d/iscsi script before the iscsi login, in order to wait for the bond interface to come up, otherwise the iscsi devices are not seen and no gfs mount is possible.

Then, going to the cluster of XEN Guests, they work fine, I am able to migrate each one to a different physical node without problems on the guest.

When I reboot or fence one of the guests, the guest cluster breaks, e.g. the quorum is dissolved and I have to fence ALL the nodes and reboot them in order for the cluster to restart.

Does it have to do with the xen bridge going up and down for a time longer than the heartbeat timeout ?

One other problem. My physical machines cluster is build with 3 nodes. If I start 2 of them and build up the cluster (with one missing node), everything works fine. Then I switch on the third node. As soon as the node comes up and cman starts, the physical nodes cluster quorum is dissolved.

Hope someone has undergone the same issues and provides a hand ...

Paolo
begin:vcard
fn:Paolo Marini
n:Marini;Paolo
org:Prisma Engineering srl
adr;dom:;;via Petrocchi 4;Milano;Italy;20152
email;internet:paolom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
tel;work:+39 02 26113507
tel;fax:+39 02 26113597
tel;cell:+39 335 6525835