Re: Best practices to setup mysql cluster under rhel4 cluster suite

On Dec 4, 2007 7:59 AM, carlopmart <carlopmart@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
humm ... I don't know it, but I need to test it using mysql ha or rhel4 cs ...
My preference is to use rhel4 cluster suite

The cornerstone of a reliable database failover cluster is reliable shared storage. Once you get shared storage online then building HA cluster using RHEL CS is fairly straightforward. I suggest you invest into good redundant external storage array. If this is not an option then you will probably be better of using MySQL replication and manually failover to the slave if the master fails. MySQL has internal clustering support in the latest version but it is fairly new  and has number of limitations.