Re: File system checking

Sounds interesting and would like to test it. Where do we get a copy of the fs.sh script.

David

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lon Hohberger" <lhh@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "linux clustering" <linux-cluster@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2007 8:40 AM
Subject: Re:  File system checking

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 14:57 -0800, Scott Becker wrote:
Does anybody know the best way to check that a filesystem is healthy?

I'm working on a light selfcheck script (to be ran once a minute) and
creating a file and checking it's existence may not work because of
write caching.

If there's an existing source module or a script somebody is aware of
that would be great.

The fs.sh script checks if the file system is mounted (in the right
place), and occasionally does a simple write test (if the fs wasn't
mounted ro as per the resource options).  The write test is expected to
fail if the file system was remounted read only by the kernel.

The fs.sh script is a bit ugly, but it works.  Could be useful to start
from there.

-- Lon