Re: GFS Performance Problems (RHEL5)

Yes and No.

I've been running a RHEL 4.x server connected to a VTrak M500i with 750GB disks for the last year, and it's run beautifully. I have had no performance problems with a 5TB volume (the disk array wasn't fully loaded).

In an effort to increase storage, I just purchased a VTrak 610 with 1TB disks and prepped it exactly like the other (except with RHEL5). The ultimate goal is to have two servers in an active/passive configuration serving SAMBA.

Would you be willing to share your discoveries?
Paul

James Chamberlain wrote:
Hi Paul,

I'm guessing from the information you give below that you're using a Promise VTrak M500i with 1 TB disks? Can you confirm this? I had uneven experience with that platform, which led me to abandon it; but I did make one or two discoveries along the way which may be useful if they are applicable to your setup. Can you share a little more about your hardware and setup?

Regards,

James Chamberlain