Setting up GNBD Server & Client

I'm trying to setup a GNBD server and some clients. I'm able to run through the instructions to setup things up but they all seem to be cmdline based instructions that are typed manually. The concerns I'm having is I can't find any documentation anywhere that shows how to setup the server/client to that things start automatically.

It appears to me that if I start the server and export a block device and import this device on a client that when either the client or server boot the corresponding side won't start. Am I completely off base or am I missing something? If I've missed something could someone please point me in the direction of some instructions.

Thanks,

-Shad