RE: cman startup issue

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Christopher Barry wrote:

I'm having a weird problem. I am using a shared GFS root
file system,
and the same initrd image on all the machines. The cluster has 3
machines on it at the moment, and 1 refuses to join the cluster,
regardless of which order I bring them up in.

When cman service is being started, it fails when starting cman:

cman not started: Can't find local node name in cluster.conf
/usr/local/sbin/cman_tool: aisexec daemon didn't start

If I try to run aisexec, I get:
aisexec: totemsrp.c:2867: memb_ring_id_store: Assertion `0' failed.

Where should I be looking for causes of this? I double checked my
cluster.conf and the MAC addresses, IP addresses and
interface names are
correct in each node's config.

Check that the new node can write into /tmp - where it is
trying to store the
current ring-id.  It could be SElinux or perhaps the
permissions on the file it
is trying to create.

That fixed the aisexec problem, but the "Can't find local
node name in
cluster.conf" problem remains, and cman still won't start. :-(

Are your nodes defined in dns or in /etc/hosts file?

They are in /etc/hosts. There are lines for each of the nodes corresponding to each entry in cluster.conf.

Gordan