Re: crossover cables

Title: Re: crossover cables
Does the cluster then automatically use the xover interface for cluster communication?  Do you have to specify it somewhere?

Josh

On 10/18/07 11:19 AM, "André Fernandes" <andreezer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, it should be a simple setup.

Let's assume that your nodes have 2 ethernet interfaces and 1 management interface (iLO for example). you will need 2 crossover cables for this.
You plug in eth0 on each node to your network.
Then, you plug eth1 on each machine to the other machine's management interface via crossover cable.
Finally, you assign static IPs to the eth1 and the management interfaces (something like eth1 = 10.0.0.1 <http://10.0.0.1>  and iLO = 10.0.0.2 <http://10.0.0.2> ).
Then configure fencing as desired.

However, this setup will make it impossible to use the management interfaces for other nifty purposes...