Re: GFS cluster / DLM locking - Mostly idle but high load

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007, Mark Hlawatschek wrote:

with your testing did you also try to adapt the size of the
rsbtbl_size/lkbtbl_size?

If I'm reading the docs correctly, these should be under /proc/cluster.
My nodes don't appear to have /proc/cluster. (!!)

As you are using RHEL5, I thinks the settings have to be done
in /sys/kernel/config/dlm/cluster/
In your case it might be /var/comoonics/chroot/sys/kernel/config/dlm/cluster/

Yup - that looks better. But I still cannot see any files called rsbtbl_size or lkbtbl_size.

You could also easily mount the configfs to /sys/kernel/config with a
#mount -t configfs none /sys/kernel/config/
Please note, that the settings have to be done before mounting your data
filesystem.

How does one change these settings in the init root, before the GFS root gets mounted? Where should I make the change for my initrd?

Gordan