Re: gfs perfomance tuning

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, Rob Nevins wrote:

Gordan Bobic wrote:
 You may find that mounting the gfs file system with "noatime" option helps
 a bit.

I like the idea of adding in noatime to our gfs share, but with three nodes running, what would be the proper way to add in "noatime" to fstab, unmount and remount. Can it be one node at a time? Or, should I unmount the gfs from all nodes, update and remount?

I can't see why it couldn't be done at run-time.

mount -o noatime,remount /my/gfs/path

on each node in turn. Worst that'll happen is that it'll tell you it won't do it.

Failing that, changing defaults to defaults,noatime in /etc/fstab will do it when you reboot the cluster.

Gordan