how to add lvm volume to cluster

I'm new to this list, so please excuse if this question was
asked and probably solved elsewhere.

How is the suggested way to add a new lun,
create a disk partition on, it, use this partition as
physical volume, create a volume group and create logical volume ?

I have done this on our three node (xen01-xen03) RHEL 5 cluster.
I used a shared storage over fc ( HP EVA 8100 ) with multipath.

- rescan echo "- - -" > /sys/classes/scsi_host/host0/scan on all nodes
  the devices appeared
- done multipath mapping, and set multipath alias
- on one node made the partition
- on one node made the pv
- on one node made the vg
- on onde node made the logical volume

but this volume can't be taken active:

[root@xen02 kiswatch]# vgchange -ay
Error locking on node xen01.tilak.ibk: Volume group for uuid not found:
nEh1p8PzgfJO6Dedzjis1uDO6Yan2W5vew9ZlmZ3xyxbsgKclRwLCNAulf28UPqJ
Error locking on node xen02.tilak.ibk: Volume group for uuid not found:
nEh1p8PzgfJO6Dedzjis1uDO6Yan2W5vew9ZlmZ3xyxbsgKclRwLCNAulf28UPqJ

the command lvdisplay on xen01 show the searched uuid:
[root@xen01 kiswatch]# lvdisplay
  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Name                /dev/lvm1/kiswatch_xvda
  VG Name                lvm1
  LV UUID                ew9Zlm-Z3xy-xbsg-KclR-wLCN-Aulf-28UPqJ
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Status              NOT available
  LV Size                5.00 GB
  Current LE             1280
  Segments               1
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     0

after restart of node xen02 the problem disappeared,
but the node xen01 is very busy and should not be restartet.

thanks in advance for any help