Re: Found unlinked inode

Borgström Jonas wrote:

Hi Wendy, thanks for your answer.

To answer your earlier question, the kernel version used is 2.6.18-8.1.8.el5. I just noticed that a never kernel version is available, but as far as I can tell this is a security release and the changelog doesn't mention any changes to the GFS filesystem...

So if I understood you correctly this is a known bug/limitation that might orphan already deleted inodes if a node crashes before gfs_inoded had a chance to free them. And the only downside is some lost disk space which can be reclaimed by running gfs_fsck. This is good news.

Yes..

We'll look into this.

-- Wendy