Odd cluster problems

I've got a 3-node cluster running CentOS 4.5 and I cannot communicate with the resource group manager. When I use the clustat command I get a timeout:

[root@rapier ~]# clustat
Timed out waiting for a response from Resource Group Manager
Member Status: Quorate

  Member Name                              Status
  ------ ----                              ------
  rapier.utmem.edu                         Online, Local, rgmanager
  thorax.utmem.edu                         Offline
  cyclops.utmem.edu                        Online, rgmanager

I've got rgmanager 1.9.68-1 installed, along with the following "relevant" packages:

kernel-2.6.9-55.EL.x86_64
ccs-1.0.10-0.x86_64
cman-1.0.17-0.x86_64
cman-kernel-2.6.9-50.2.x86_64
dlm-1.0.3-1.x86_64
dlm-kernel-2.6.9-46.16.x86_64
fence-1.32.45-1.0.1.x86_64
GFS-6.1.14-0.x86_64
GFS-kernel-2.6.9-72.2.x86_64
gulm-1.0.10-0.x86_64
lvm2-cluster-2.02.21-7.el4.x86_64
magma-1.0.7-1.x86_64
magma-plugins-1.0.12-0.x86_64
rgmanager-1.9.68-1.x86_64
system-config-cluster-1.0.45-1.0.noarch

I checked the archives and saw similar reports, but they all seem to reference an older version of rgmanager.

I did some poking around and there is one service (show by cman_tool services) shown in a state other than "run", the "usrm::manager" service. Here's the anomalous output:

[root@rapier ~]# cman_tool services
Service          Name                              GID LID State     Code
Fence Domain:    "default"                           2   2 recover 4 -
[1 2]

<SNIP>

User:            "usrm::manager"                    10  10 recover 2 -
[1 2]

The services handled by rgmanager are all running, but any attempt to update the cluster.conf file via ccs_tool update "/etc/cluster/cluster.conf" is ineffective. The file gets updated, but the config version shown by "cman_tool status" does not change.

Any thought on how to proceed with troubleshooting this?
--
Jay Leafey - University of Tennessee
E-Mail:  jleafey@xxxxxxxxx  Phone:  901-448-6534  FAX:  901-448-8199