GFS installation

Hi,

can anyone guide me to install GFS in an unix machine.

I am very new even to unix machine..

Kindly let me know the exact steps that i need to follow from the begining.

I used that usage.txt file from red-hat website.

But i getting an error while using make command.
I dont hve GNU package in my machine..

Kindly let me know whether the procedure i follow is correct,please let me know if any prerquistes have to be done.

Regards,
Ram