Does GNBD need to be clustered with the other servers?

I have a question about a lab I am setting up. From what I have read and know about Red hat clustering I can't seem to find this answer. I have 3 servers. One will provide storage access via GNBD for the other 2 servers using GFS. My question is do I add all three servers into a cluster config or do I leave the GNBD server out? I understand that the GNBD server will not be redundant. since it has the only server that has a phycical connection to the storage. Thanks.

Tracey Flanders