Re: Re: NFSCookbook Redhat 5 Cluster

I was refering to the NFS cookbook being hard to follow in some areas. That could just be me being dense though ;)

One issue I had was needing to define a single gfs (clusterfs) as a resource, than having multiple ones.

Example: bobfs1, bobfs2, etc, gave me an error in 5.0. as the devices were not unique. (If I can remember the error correctly)

The directions show you to create manage resources for GFS (step 7b), then latern step 7c, duplicate your work? Step 7c needs to be tightened up. No mention of adding the IP resource.

(In the Manual config method, xml example)

In the services area, you might want to put the IP address after the clusterfs reference. So the IP address is added last on service start.

I'm in RH436 class now, but next week I'll send you an e-mail with some ideas/changes, etc on my test setup. I'm using Xen on a desktop to study for the class and it's a major help.

Thanks,
Dennis