From: linux-cluster-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:linux-cluster-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Patrick Caulfield
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 4:55 AM
To: linux clustering
Subject: Re:  Strange Behavior

Robert Gil wrote:
> Nevermind. This was all due to incorrect time on a couple of the
nodes.
> One node was in the past, and one was in the future.
>
> It may be beneficial to fix this as it DOES cause a kernel panic.
> Maybe add some kind of time sync check to disallow a node from joining

> when its time isn't within X of the cluster.

We need to find out what was really causing the problem I think. cman
always uses internal, relative time stamps and I've quite happily run
clusters where the nodes have up to a nine hour time difference.

Of course, your cluster nodes /should/ have similar times on them, if
only for the sanity of your applications but I'm still unclear as to why
it would cause a panic.
--
Patrick

Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 ITE, UK.
Registered in England and Wales under Company Registration No. 3798903