Re: Gfs not return available space after delete file

Below is result from  gfs_tool df , df , du , ls

# gfs_tool df  /home
/home:
 SB lock proto = "lock_dlm"
 SB lock table = "testgfs:gfs"
 SB ondisk format = 1309
 SB multihost format = 1401
 Block size = 4096
 Journals = 4
 Resource Groups = 68
 Mounted lock proto = "lock_dlm"
 Mounted lock table = "testgfs:gfs"
 Mounted host data = ""
 Journal number = 0
 Lock module flags =
 Local flocks = FALSE
 Local caching = FALSE
 Oopses OK = FALSE

 Type           Total          Used           Free           use%
 inodes         825            825            0              100%
 metadata       1766           1766           0              100%
 data           34897229       419840         34477389       1%

# df -h
/dev/mapper/vg0-lv0   134G  1.7G  132G   2% /home

result from df and gfs_tool df look same but if use du will show correct result
du -sh /home
500K    /home

I do listing file in directory and see nothing left
# ls -la /home
total 508
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root 2048 May 14 22:21 .
drwxr-xr-x  23 root root 4096 May 14 20:53 ..

Do i miss something ?

Regards,
Nattapon

> Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 4)
> rhel-4-u4-rhcs-i386
> GFS-kernel-smp-2.6.9-58.0
> GFS-6.1.6
>
> I have dell 2 nodes connected to emc storage mount gfs partition
> my problem is after i create file and delete , and check with df , gfs not
> return available space
> but if i check with du it show result correctly

'gfs_tool df' will probably help in accounting for all the space.

Your storage/powerpath has nothing to do with it.

reclaim turns FREEMETA blocks (free blocks that must be reused for
metadata) back into FREE blocks (free blocks that can be reused for
anything).  You shouldn't need to run 'gfs_tool reclaim' unless you have a
pathological use case.  reclaim isn't nice to use because it has to block
all fs access from all nodes while it runs.

Dave