OpenMP

I begin to learn about cluster techonlogy. I would like to compare the efficiency of shared memory and distributed memory so I must use the similar tools in my cluster project.I think I will use the tools as below.

          1. fedora core 5
          2. oscar 5.0
          3. pbs

In the shared memory I will use OpenMP library that is in fedora core5 and in the distributed memory I will use MPI that I can choose between lam/mpi and mpich in the step of oscar installation. What do you think about the tool that I will use? Can I use it?

* I don't sure that I can use OpenMP because in oscar installation it has lam/mpi or mpich to choose but OpenMP doesn't.

thank so much.
diakala