Re: Resource Script.

Patrick Gharios wrote:
Hello,

Question:

In order to run a script (bash script on a screen for example) by the
cluster service, do I need to include a start argument when calling the
execution of that script? I am trying to execute a simple script but I
noticed in /var/log/messages that the cluster is trying to send a 'start'
argument to the script , the script is not being fired up on the node and
then a 'status' call is executed on the simple script. Seems like it's a
monitoring feature.

In in all, can someone tell me how can I execute a simple bash script on the
cluster service?

Thank you, Pat.
Hi Pat,

The rgmanager uses start/stop/status similar to when init calls the init
scripts, i.e., service <name> start.
I recommend making your script look like the other resource agents in
/usr/share/cluster.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite